T2-prosthetics' goal is the creation of the perfect genital prosthesis for trans men and people on the trans male spectrum. We are a small outfit in Northwest Washington, D.C., with a large international customer and support base in search of a workshop assistant. We're looking for someone who affirms and understands the varied needs of trans men, who values the overall mission behind this project, and who takes interest in working toward its success!
The Workshop Assistant position involves casual work to start - part-time, with a wide range of shop tasks as-needed. All training is provided on-the-job. You will get dirty and dusty! Evaluation after 1 month, which may lead to full time position(s).
This position pays $15/hour (part-time only to start.)
A good candidate for this position must....
- Appreciate the wants, needs and diversity of the people who want such a prosthesis
- Be physically capable - especially, able to work with you hands, or have nimble hands for working with small parts
- Have attention to small details and a perfectionist streak
- Be okay with detailed, often repetitive tasks
- Want to learn about and be part of this project
As a workshop assistant, you will...
- Learn a lot about prosthetics, small business, working with various materials, especially silicones, and creating forms and moulds
- Work in a totally trans-safe space with great people
- Be part of an exciting and expanding project.
- Not have a dress code
- Be within walking distance of DC Metro
For privacy (payroll purposes, references etc...) the company is registered as a general medical device company and under another name. 'T2-prosthetics' is a trade name.