The Oasis Dance Company premieres The Affair: Bow Ties & Pumps! A Dance & Fashion Extravaganza!
Sunday, September 23rd, 2012
"The Affair" is a Benefit and Award Gala for the DC LGBTQIA Homeless Youth. Proceeds will be donated to The Wanda Alston House, the first and only housing program in Washington D.C. that is solely dedicated to offering pre-independent living and support services to homeless, or at risk gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth in all eight wards of the District of Columbia.
@ THEARC 1901 Mississippi Ave SE, Washington, D.C. 20020
Cocktail Reception - 6:30 PM
Runway Show - 7:30 PM
General Admission - $30
VIP Admission - $50
To Purchase Tickets Online, Click Here.
Tickets can also be bought directly from the office of Transgender Health Empowerment, Inc T.H.E Inc. which is located at 1414 N. Capitol Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20002.
The Alston-Gillard Award will be presented during the show. The Alston-Gillard Award is for distinguished and exceptional service to the LGBTQIA Youth of the DC Metropolitan Area.
This year's Alston-Gillard Award Recipients are:
- Rev. Aaron Jones-Wade, Pastor of the Community Church of Washington, DC
- Abdur-Rahim Briggs, President of Al Sura Inc
- David Mariner, Executive Director of The DC Center for the LGBT Community
- Drs. Dennis W. & Christine Y. Wiley, Pastors of Covenant Baptist United Church of Christ
- Kenya Hutton, Youth Advocate
- Sampson McCormick, Comedian & LGBTQ Advocate
- Shi-Queeta Lee, Entrepreneur & Activist
For more information, please contact Steven Wilson:
Phone: (860) 319-3200