Register Now for the Older Adults & HIV: Substance Use and Depression Webinar on July 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Older Adults & HIV: Substance Use and Depression is Part II of a four part webinar series designed to explore critical issues about working with older adults living with HIV. The series will also provide ways to build provider knowledge, awareness and skills for addressing these issues with clients.
This two-hour webinar is designed to provide information about the impact of mental health needs among those aging with HIV with a focus on the high rates of depression as well as past and current substance use.
The AIDS Community Research Initiative of America (ACRIA) was founded as the Community Research Initiative on AIDS (CRIA) in December 1991 by a group of physicians, activists, and people living with HIV who were frustrated by the slow pace of government and academic AIDS research. Since that time ACRIA has contributed to the development of more than a dozen medications that have received FDA approval, helping countless thousands of HIV-positive people live longer, healthier lives.
As a result of the webinar participants will:
- Recall the burden of depression among older adults with HIV
- Describe the current and lifetime patterns of alcohol and drug use among adults over 50 with HIV
- Describe how mental health and substance use can interfere with clinical outcomes and impact broad domains in the lives of older adults with HIV
- Identify strategies that can address mental health/substance use issues in this population.
Audience: Non-physician health and human services providers who work with clients/patients with HIV including case managers, social workers, client services staff and others
1. Click Here and fill out the required info.
2. Click on 'Courses' at the top right hand corner, look for
'Older Adults & HIV: Substance Use and Depression: Webinar' from ACRIA
and click 'Select'.
3. Click 'Submit' and you will receive an email confirming your registration.
*If you already have an account, simply log in and follow steps 2 & 3*
If your employer participates in the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), Charitable Choices, or the United Way, please remember ACRIA in your annual charitable giving. The agency is listed under AIDS Community Research Initiative of America, #11357. Thank you!