The DC Center will hold a Volunteer Recruitment Training on Saturday June 16th from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM at the DC Center Cyber Center. The DC Center is located at 1318 U Street NW.
Material Covered The DC Center relies on volunteers to power the vast majority of our services and programs. We have a lot of different strategies for recruiting volunteers including maintaining accounts at Volunteer Match and Idealist, utilizing our Center Volunteers, and partnering with groups like Burgundy Crescent Volunteers. Come learn about how you can use these and other tools to recruit volunteers.
Who Can Attend This training is for folks who are part of the DC Center or connected through an affiliated organization. Individuals who can attend include.
- DC Center Volunteers that have completed the volunteer training
- DC Center Volunteers that have completed the friendly visitor training.
- DC Center Board Members
- Designated representatives from DC Center programs
- Designated representatives from DC Center affiliated organizations.
- Designated Representatives from organizations that share office space at the DC Center (HOBS, Latino GLBT History Project, Capital Pride).
Register You must register in advance for this training. To register please follow the link below.
Register for this Training Now